Poannie Design - Card crafting and more.....

Individual and bespoke cards and crafts..... discrete and confidential

Friday 13 August 2010

Inspiration and first ever easel card!!

I don't seem to have a pattern for making cards.  I know that some people love a particular brand or style, but I just like seeing where the day takes me.....  My husband is amazing, he lets me carry on with my obsession (he's even been helping me with tea bag folding techniques!!) and gives me good feedback on my work and where he thinks that some things could be improved.


I have been fortunate enough to have been donated a lot of crafting stuff through my friend Debbi and some of her acquaintances and I am also a good bargain hunter (managed to get some Anita's stamps from my local haberdashery guy for just a pound each!!!)  however now I know that crafting isn't just going to be a passing phase, I'm saving up for something big.  I want an embosser/die cutter, and after discussing it with friends and my hubby, it seems a Big Shot is the way forward.  I was going to get a Sizzix Texture Boutique, and forget about die-cutting....but for the difference in price, I might as well go the whole hog!!  Any feedback or reviews anyone can give me about these products would be gratefully received!!!


Onto another card!!!  My first ever easel card.... It was easy!!  I used a lot of scraps donate by Debbi, so those of you would used Stampin Up products will notice which papers and stamps were used!!  I think the effect of an easel card and I think I'll be doing a lot more over the next week weeks!





























1 comment: