Poannie Design - Card crafting and more.....

Individual and bespoke cards and crafts..... discrete and confidential

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Gift boxed set for a friend

My friend lives in Germany and in her words, 'can't get decent cards over here!!'  So she asked me to make her a boxed set of 'You're Awesome' cards (in her favourite combination of red and white) so she can send them to her friends back home...... I'd recently made me a little birthday card for her mum, which I sent on her behalf.





I used some scraps left over from my crafty evening at Debbi's....namely scallop punched red card from Stampin Up.  I then used the Dovecraft 'You're Awesome' stamp for the sentiment.  I also found some silver and red polka paper in my local craft shop, which I think looks lovely on cards!! I finished the cards off with some red polka ribbon and pearl gems. I then made a basic box out of white shimmer card and decorated it with more of the silver and red polka paper.  I then created a sleeve to fit round the box for more protection (it is being posted to Germany afterall) and finished it off with more polka ribbon. The cards have shimmer gold envelopes for them to be posted in!

I like making the gift boxed stuff along a theme....... I think they look cute!!

Next in my projects are Christmas cards for friends (I've been asked to do a set for my best mate to send out) Christmas cards for my family and some boxed sets for my friend to take to the Whitby Goth Weekend to put on her stall.

Tomorrow I pick up some new inks and a lovely stamp set called Tiny Tags by Stampin Up which I am really looking forward to using on my tiny cards!!!

Busy busy busy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment